Summary: Our lips touch
and I know I'm going to split at the seams. He kisses me softly then strongly like he's lost me and he's found me and I'm slipping away and he's never going to let me go.
Juliette has escaped from The Reestablishment. Now she's free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch. Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible. Haunted by her past and terrified of her future, Juliette knows that she will have to make some life-changing choices. Choices that may involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.
Klick on "Read More" for the Happily Ever Ending Summary. Careful: SPOILERS! Don't read if you haven't read the book yet!!
Okay, so key points only this time, because there was ALOT that happened!
1. Adam's ability is to negate any other ability, but while it is a subconscious thing, when he relaxes / slips around Juliette, he is not immune and can be killed
2. Juliette brakes up with him after she finds out and almost kills him when they were making out; she also finally accepts her power and learns to direct it
3. Supreme Commander Anderson is a top notch asshole. He took 4 hostages from Omega Point, Brendan and Winston among them. He wants to exchange them for Juliette, just to have Warner shoot her himself. Juliette taps into her anger, overpowers Anderson and cripples him by shooting him into both knees. Kenji stops her before she can actually finish him off with a third bullet to his heart, and they take Warner hostage, back to Omega Point. They have saved 2 of their own, but Brendan and Winston remain in the hands of Sector 45.
4. At the same time, Omega Point is fighting Sector 45 soldiers. As the team pulls back with Warner, Juliette causes an earth quake so that the other Omega Point members can escape as well. Only few causualties.
5. Adam (Kent) and Aaron (Warner) Anderson, half-brothers
6. Warner's ability is to take and redirect another power (he almost killed Kenji with Juliette's ability); that also means he can touch Juliette and feel energized instead of threatened, he cannot be hurt by her like Adam
7. As Omega Point goes into a final battle with Sector 45 and the supreme commander, Juliette is taken from among her fellow Point fighters and brought to Anderson. He shoots her, right in the chest, having Warner watch. He overpowers his father, probably kills him for this, and gets the healer twins, Sonya and Sara who've been taken hostage by Sector 45 as the others of Omega Point moved into position to fight. Since they can't Juliette directly, they heal her through him.
8. In the last scene, Juliette wakes up next to Warner and realizes everyone thinks she's dead. That'll give her a huge advantage when fighting back.